Well after a few brain melting days of rereading on routing and subnets and all that I asked a straightforward question, got given the most polite RTFM in my life and well I did, again, and somehow this time it made sense.
My poor lone IPv6 tunnel is now hosting my happy little subnet. I still have some tinkering to do to work out security on the FreeBSD machine that is acting as the router and then there's the whole idea of using DHCP to assign specific IPs, and don't even get me started on reverse DNS. It's working; so far I've verified one XP machine and one OS X machine, the others should work too I would think, but we'll see. For now, I have the two machines I really care about working correctly working, the rest I don't use and so they can get done as time allows.
I feel better; this was really kicking my ass, and I'm glad that I finally beat it.
It's been way too long since I've done this kind of thing, I'm out of practice.